We all know electric cars are part of every major automotive manufacturer’s strategic plans. What most of us don’t know is that electric cars simply will not charge in hot conditions.
Lightweight, breathable sun shade solutions for every vehicle parking and electric car charging station
EVer Cool™ EV charging station packages, seamlessly integrate Apollo Sunguard canopy shade structures with high-performance EV charging station units by GE, ChargePoint and other quality manufacturers.
- Save time and money
- Save customers an average of 2KW per charging event
- Provide a more efficient charging station & 15 minutes faster charge time
- Prepare for future efficiency standards
- Discover new business opportunities
- Earn LEED points
- Solar/grid-tied car charging systems available
Here’s the Facts:
- EV Charging stations and electric vehicles must be kept cool during charging to ensure full performance
- Batteries will not charge above 138°F
- Charging station equipment is not rated above 122°F
- Solar heated electric vehicles can have internal temperatures above 200°F
- Exposed metal surfaces can exceed 160°F
- Extra kilowatt consumption is needed to cool electric cars exposed to the sun
YES! I want to learn more about shaded electric vehicle charging stations.